Semi anechoic chambers
Is your company in the process of acquiring a semi anechoic chamber? Comtest designs and builds semi anechoic chambers that are perfectly suited for a large range of commercial, military and automotive testing applications. Our chambers are engineered to order for clients in many different industries. Do not hesitate to contact our experienced consultants for more information using our digital contact forms.
What is a semi anechoic chamber?
EMC chambers come in various forms and sizes. One of the most popular forms is the semi anechoic chamber. It’s popular because of its usability and the way its characteristics simulate real world conditions without allowing outside interference. A semi anechoic chamber (SAC) simulates an Open Area Test Site (OATS) in the sense that it has a reflective ground plane much like you would expect under normal use.
However, unlike an OATS, the semi anechoic chamber is housed within a RF shielded enclosure where the walls are lined with absorbing material. Not having to constantly adjust for background noise means testing in an SAC is therefore much faster than in open sites. This makes semi anechoic chambers perfect for fully compliant emissions and immunity testing of various products and devices.
Perfect for commercial, military and automotive testing
Prior to its launch, a new product or device is required to pass testing with regards to radiated emissions and immunity. Every electronic device generates, either intentionally or unintentionally, an electromagnetic field that can interfere with other devices. In order to limit the risk posed by such interference, legal limits are set for the amount of emissions a product or device may generate. Testing these emissions is done in semi anechoic chambers that shield the necessary experiments from background noise as much as possible by using absorbing material on chamber walls and ceiling.
Which type of EMC test chamber is best for your needs depends on the specific requirements of your research. In order to comply with regulations and common EMC standards, Comtest supplies 3 distinctive semi anechoic chambers, each having their own defined testing distance:
- SAC3 – 3 meter test distance
- SAC5 – 5 meter test distance
- SAC10 – 10 meter test distance
At the bottom of this page you find specifications per chamber type.
Benefits of owning an EMC Test Chamber
Is your company involved in the development of products that require frequent testing? Operating your own EMC chamber has significant benefits:
- Lower costs – being able to do full compliance testing on-site saves immensely on outsourced test lab costs
- More accurate testing – Having a chamber that was built to meet your specific requirements means an increase in testing accuracy
- Time saved – you no longer have to wait for costly and time-consuming transportation to and from external testing laboratories
- No waiting lists – having a test facility in-house means you can always start testing. When time to market is of importance, availability is crucial
- Faster development – being able to test again immediately after making small adjustments allows you to speed up product development
- Less risk of damages & increased confidentiality – keeping a product in-house lowers the risk of transport damage and unwanted product information leaks
Why work with Comtest?
When it comes to the high-stakes nature of your field, the importance of your research and the costs associated with the construction of a high-quality anechoic chamber, you need a reliable partner.
Comtest is a privately-owned business with more than thirty years of experience in the design and construction of test facilities. Our clients have extremely high demands when it comes to the quality, reliability and precision of the asset they need to rely upon to get their products to market in a timely fashion. When it comes to purchasing a semi anechoic chamber, you need a supplier you can trust. That’s why Comtest takes pride in delivering all of its projects on time, on budget and exactly according to spec.
Get in touch with us
Are you involved in a tender process where a semi anechoic chamber is part of? Don’t hesitate to contact Comtest for more information. Even if you’re not entirely sure what you’re looking for, our team of engineers and technical consultants are always ready to answer your questions either by phone, e-mail or during an introductory meeting.